I have been on a photography tour of London with Paul Sanders and I wanted to share some of the pictures that I have taken on this occasion.
Staircase details at Citizen M Hotel
The Blue Fin Building
Details around Tate Modern
Views of St Paul's Cathedral and surroundings
The Paternoster Vents.
This has been the surprise and thrill of my day. Designed by Heatherwick Studio in 2002 and discovered by me only now !!! They are ventilation shafts for the electrical substation underneath. The two towers are symmetrical structures each made of 63 isosceles triangles of stainless steel sheet welded together. Engineering and origami blended into a perfect shape. I am completely fascinated by these structures, as you can see, from the number of angles that I experimented.
The tour continued towards a few of the City's modern landmark buildings.
Lloyds Building, The Cheese Grater, The Gherkin.
We made our way towards the Shard, passing through Leadenhall Market, past Monument. Some details here:
It's a beautiful feeling to discover 'just around the corner' a new feature that you never knew it was there (like the Paternoster Vents right next to St. Paul's Cathedral for example) and it also feels nice to re-discover familiar locations. Thank you Paul and all photographers that shared these moments on a beautiful summer day in London.
Staircase details at Citizen M Hotel
The Blue Fin Building
Details around Tate Modern
Views of St Paul's Cathedral and surroundings
The Paternoster Vents.
This has been the surprise and thrill of my day. Designed by Heatherwick Studio in 2002 and discovered by me only now !!! They are ventilation shafts for the electrical substation underneath. The two towers are symmetrical structures each made of 63 isosceles triangles of stainless steel sheet welded together. Engineering and origami blended into a perfect shape. I am completely fascinated by these structures, as you can see, from the number of angles that I experimented.
The tour continued towards a few of the City's modern landmark buildings.
Lloyds Building, The Cheese Grater, The Gherkin.
We made our way towards the Shard, passing through Leadenhall Market, past Monument. Some details here:
It's a beautiful feeling to discover 'just around the corner' a new feature that you never knew it was there (like the Paternoster Vents right next to St. Paul's Cathedral for example) and it also feels nice to re-discover familiar locations. Thank you Paul and all photographers that shared these moments on a beautiful summer day in London.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment